Re: Sinclair Gathering 2000

It sounds wonderful!  I do have a few questions.

Please:  1.  an address to send cheques to in the U.K.?

         2.  would it be possible to use credit cards
for the deposits?

         3.  for those of us in Ireland and the U.K.
who do not have pound sterling accounts, do we send
checques in Irish Punts or American dollars or ? at
the current rate of exchange on the date of the
deposit?  To whom, where?

         4.  will we receive confirmation of our
reservations?

         5.  If we can't use credit cards, what about
electronic transfers to the Sinclair 2000 account?
(In this instance, bank and account number for
Sinclair 2000 would be needed by the person making
the transfer.)

The whole New Orleans contingent is very excited
about the Gathering and almost all of us are planning
to attend.  Fair warning!!!

We thank you for your kind invitation and for
planning such an exciting itinerary.  We can only
hope that Northeast Scotland doesn't crash into the
sea from the weight of all us Sinclair descendents!

Sincerely,

Penny Law

---Malcolm Caithness
<sinclairclanchief@girnigoetrust.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

> Dear all
>
> Sinclair Gathering 2000 (25 July to 3 August)
>
> Many of you will be aware that John Thurso and I
have planned a large
> Gathering next year starting in London with a
reception in the House of
> Lords and then going to Caithness via Edinburgh to
see the unique Rosslyn
> Chapel. You need to make your own travel
arrangements to the UK and home.
> When you arrive in London go to the Central Park
Hotel, Bayswater.

> The proposed programme is as follows:
>
> Tuesday 25 July             Transport to and from
Parliament
>                                          Reception
in the evening at House
> of Lords
>                                          Stay
Central Park Hotel, Bayswater
> plus continental breakfast
> Wednesday 26 July       Transport to and from
Parliament
>                                          Tour of
Parliament
>                                          Transport
to Station
>                                          Train
London/Edinburgh
>                                          Transport
from Station to Hotel
>                                          Stay
Capital Moat Hotel plus full
> breakfast
> Thursday 27 July             Transport all day
>                                           Rosslyn
Chapel, Edinburgh Castle
>                                           Lunch at
Harry Ramsdens
>                                          Stay
Capital Moat Hotel plus three
> course dinner and breakfast
> Friday 28 July                  Bus trip Edinburgh
to Caithness
>                                           Stay in
Caithness six nights inc.
> Wed 2 August
> Saturday 29 July             Transport to and from
Halkirk Games
>                                           Picnic
lunch in Sinclair Tent
> Sunday 30 July                Transport to and from
Church service
> Monday 31 July               Transport all day
>                                           Visit to
castles and ancient
> monuments
> Tuesday 1 August           Transport all day
>                                           Visits to
Distillery, Glass
> Factory, Cheese Factory
> Wednesday 2 August     Transport all day
>                                            Formal
Clan Meeting
>                                            Visit to
Castle of Mey
>                                            Formal
farewell dinner
> Thursday 3 August           Disperse
>
> The total estimated cost for the above is £630.00
(six hundred and thirty
> pounds sterling) per person for those sharing a
room and there is a £50
> (fifty pounds)supplement for a single person in a
double room.

> Further visits including to Orkney can be arranged
on Thursday 3 and Friday
> 4 if people want them but there will be additional
costs for these.

> We can hold the very attractive prices provided we
pay a deposit for the
> rooms that we have reserved in the hotels by mid
September this year with
> the balance by mid June next year. The demand for
hotel space in London and
> Edinburgh next year is already intense. Thus all of
you who want to come on
> this great and unique occasion need to confirm
their intentions and pay a
> deposit of £65 (sixty five pounds sterling) to
either Mary Selver in New
> Hampshire or Rory Sinclair in Toronto by September
15.
> Alternatively you can send the deposit cheque or
draft to me made payable to
> Sinclair 2000 also by September 15.
>
> I look forward to seeing many of you when I am in
the States next month and

sinclair@mids.org
http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html