Re: AUTOPOST: Guest Book Entry [Karen Proctor]

At 17:23 21/07/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Author:   Karen Proctor
>Date:     Wednesday, July 21, 1999
>
>My ggggrandmother was Sophia Sinclair who m. George W. Woods in NH.  Her
>parents were Samuel Sinclair (b. 1800 in Sandwich, NH and Eliza Hamblett
>b. 1804 in ?)They were m. in Sandwich, NH in 1823.  Looking for
>information on Eliza Hamblett Sinclair and her family.
>
>I think you may be writing about a Samuel Sinclair who owned a part of the
>original homestead of his father.

   His house stood near to that of his brother, Richard Sinclair.  However,
he sold it to his brother, Jonathan, who
   took it down.

   Samuel carried on a blacksmith's business but he sold it on 18th April,
1800.   In 1803 he resided in Sandwich but
   moved shortly afterwards to the north part of Haverhill where he
received the life-lease of some land there where he
   built a house.  He married a Sarah Moulton of Sandwich on 17th November,
1791 by whom he had;

                         James, who went to sea.  Nothing was heard of him
for some some 20 years but returned to
                                         Haverhill, N.H. where he died.

                         John of whom nothing is known

                         Samuel who may have been your g.g.g.g.grandfather

                         Hannah who married Simeon Hildreth

                         Myra (who may be your Eliza) married (1) Mr
Davenport and (2) Levi Hamblett by
                                 whom she had one child, Stephen Badger.

>There was an Eliza Sinclair who was born in 1800 but she married a William
>Jenkins of Barnstead, N.H.
    on 28th November, 1825 but this is the wrong date for you.

   Hope this helps rather than confuses.

   Niven Sinclair