Re: Wild guesses

Mr Buelher:  As a student of Sinclair history, a retired army officer,  and
some experience of rural life, I have these impressions:

The Cock - I see this feisty bird in his fine Norman plumage as representing
Vigilance and Attitude.
The Engrailed Cross - this is testimony from the military Sinclair of a
Search for a symbol of religious belief. " Know ye by this Sign that we are
pretty serious about some things."
The Ships - are symbolic of Sinclair as a creature of the wild  seas of the
world, as sailor, admiral, explorerer and builder of ships and navies.