Re: AUTOPOST: Guest Book Entry [Kathy Sinclair Trappen]

I too am looking for Ohio Sinclairs, but don't recognize your Sinclair
names, but am also looking for Ohio Sinclairs. Still, there could be a
connection. My ancestor was:

DANIEL ST.CLAIR/SINCLAIR, born in Scotland in 1794 - died in Ottawa Co. OH
in 1854. His wife:
Sarah KING b. 1804 in VA - d. 1886 in Bureau Co. IL
Children:
- Nancy K. (b. 1825; married in 1847 in Morrow Co. OH; d. 1905 Ottawa Co.
OH.
- Malinda Ann (lived in Hessville OH)
- Elizabeth (b. 1830; lived in Pt. Clinton, OH)
- Annis (b. 1837)
- Sarah J. (b. 1836 in Marion Co., OH -- my ancestor)
- DANIEL R. SINCLAIR (b. 1841 in Morrow Co. OH; d. 1897 in ?)
- Hannah M. (b. 1843; m. 1863 in Ottawa Co. OH)
- Margaret
- LEWIS SINCLAIR (? - ?)
- Rachel (b. 1833 in Morrow Co. OH; m. 1851 in Ottowa Co. OH; d. 1903 in IL)

I put the sons in CAPS, as they are possible leads. Althought DANIEL would
be too young to have fathered your JAMES, LEWIS may be young enough.

As you can see from the children's birthplaces, they lived in Marion Co. OH
in 1836, and in Morrow Co. by 1841. I hope to find traces of them in those
two counties and possibly names of other family members. That might give you
a couple of counties to search in also.

Good luck,
Kay Wilson, Bremerton, WA
Researching BADGEROW,BENTLEY, FORNEY,FREASE,FISK, LONG/LANG,
SINCLAIR/ST.CLAIR,  WILSON,WOJT