Betty

I was thinking about American cousin Betty when I ran across this

"For that," wrote Robert Louis Stevenson, "is the mark of the Scot of all classes: that he stands in an attitude towards the past unthinkable to Englishmen, and remembers and cherishes the memory of his forebears, good or bad; and there burns alive in him a sense of identity with the dead even to the twentieth generation."

Sinclairs have a keen sense of history and knowing that they can trace their ancestry back through countless generations of Norse or Celtic Kings, they realise that they are at least as well born as the next man.

Sinclair