Re: Re : Re the date of St. Clare"s death

I photed the date I don't remember it but I do have a date for you once the
photos are returned. The Mayor is sending me the name and correspondence
from the Americans.  His English is not good, thankfully I had, God rest her
soul, a French mother nee Jaquelin Jacquet D'Orleans.

La Behottiere is a celebrated place in France Charles Ritz the hotellier
wrote about it in his book "A Fly Fisher Life".  Erwin Rommel lived in the
house before his sucide in Berlin. I was invited for this and certian
British considerations to participate in carrying the Saint's remains.  I
have drunk from the waters of the Holy well. I have touched the rock upon
which St Clair was beheaded and I have given my hand and yours to M.
Destouches, Mayor St Clair sur Epte.
" My castles are my King's alone from turret to foundation stone but the
hand of Sinclair is his alone"

Today is a fete in France.  D-Day.

For my Canadians cousins I came back to London via Dieppe the monument to
the Hamilton Light Infantry stand proudly on the Beach and states if you
will excuse my translation "To the two hundred officers and men of the
Hamilton Light Infantry  who died crossings the beach and esplade so that we
may live free"

The matches for fire lighting now in Normandie have the statement on them my
translation "With eternal thanks for the unique military genius of the
Allied forces who landed on our beaches and gave us what France treasures
most our Freedom" the boxes bear British, American and Canadian flags"

St Clair sur Epte is not in Normandy it is in the Isle de France