Re: sinclair

At 14:14 17/05/99 +0200, you wrote:

>I am very interested in the following Sinclair line.
>
>James of Murchill\Sinclair\ b. Abt. 1580
>d. 1633
>
>married to
>
>Elisabeth\Stewart\, daughter of Robert Stewart and Jean Kennedy
>
>Children:
>
>Francis Sinclair, d. 1666 in Berg
>wife: Regina Henderson
>	Children:
>		Jacob Sinclair, d. 1658/59 in Elbing
>		wife: Elisabeth Clerk, d. 15 july 1662
>
>		Children:
>			Johan Ludvig Sinclair
>			Jakob Sinclair, b. 13 dec 1651 in Stockholm
>

>		Regina Sinclair
>		Christina Sinclair
>
>When it comes to Johan Ludvig son of Jacob and Elisabeth I am trying to
>find out if he had a son called Friedrich\Sinclair\ who married
>Elisabeth\Stiegmans\.
>
>Is there anyone who can help me fill out the blanks?
>
>Regards Lena A Löfström, Sweden
>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@jump.net.

Yes, we know this line:

James Sinclair, 1st of Murkle (not Murchill) was the second son of John,
Master of Caithness, and grandson of George II the 42nd Earl of Caithness.
He married Elizabeth
Stuart, daughter of the Earl of Strathearn and Orkney who was a natural son
to James V.

They had the following children:

						James who succeeded him as 2nd of Murkle
						Francis, who became an officer in the German wars and married
								Janet, the daughter of Alex Sutherland of Forse(1621)
								and they had one son, James, who died without issue.
								and a daughter, Agnes, who married John Mackay of Dirlot.
								It would appear from what you say that this Francis married
								in Sweden 'whilst on duty' possibly after his first wife had
								died and by whom he had two sons John and Jacob
James Sinclair, 1st of Murkle, also had a 'natural' son, John Sinclair, who
became 1st of Assery.

If you would like me to send you the relevant page on the Sinclairs of
Murkle, I will do so.

Niven Sinclair