RE: MacGregors

Joe -

Is there any indication where some of the MacGregor's could use their own
name?  I guess what I am trying to say is - has it been found that there are
records for MacGregor's by name during the Proscription more in some areas
than others.  Say further in the safety of the Highlands as opposed to
around Edinburgh?  What about any difference between the lands of Campbell
of Glenorchy and the Duke of Argyll's Estates?

Just the other night I found the following four entries in the OPRs for
Inveraray:

Nov 11th 1723
Helen daughter lawful to Patrick McGreigour Cordiner and Mary McNokaird was
baptized. James Fisher son to Malcome Fisher and Malcome McGreigour
witnesses.

July 31 1725 -
Duncan son lawful to Patrick McGreigor shoe-maker and Mary Sinclair was born
& baptized the (illegible) day by Mr. Getty before these witnesses Archibald
Sinclair and Neil Monro in Glen-Shira.

April 30 1727
James son lawful to Patrick McGrigor shoemaker and Mary McInkaird was
baptized by Mr. James Getty. Patrick Fergusson officer of the c(illegible) &
Malcom McGrigor witness.

August 22 1728
Malcom son lawful to Patrick McGrior shoemaker and Mary Sinclair his spouse
was born the 23 and baptized by Mr. James Getty this day. John Reid and
Archibald Sinclair witness.

Glen Shira is where Rob Roy's cottage is.

Thanks for all your answers - really do appreciate it.

Juli