From: Plumpett@aol.com <Plumpett@aol.com>
To: sinclair@jump.net <sinclair@jump.net>
Date: Friday, May 14, 1999 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: McNokairds--two camps?l Argyll Sinclairs

Hello Karen and other " Cousins " on the list --

Just a reminder that the areas that you are listing " proofs " from ,  are
during the time period and in the heart of the homeland  of , in many cases ,
the MACGREGOR PROSCRIPTION !!!

That is to say ,  those having the MACGREGOR last name were forced by law to
use any surname available other than their own !!!

I had posted an article some time ago titled " Sinclair as an Alias . !!

To establish any case at all for a name transition you will have to use a
time period for " Proof " before 1600 .

Just for reference , I am a Sinclair on my maternal side and a Magregor sept
on my paternal , so I am very aware of the histories of both clans .

JOE GREIGG