flow country

Cousins,
    I was just looking around the most informative Sinclair web site and
followed the Links from "Mey" to "Caithness" and found the answer to a
question that I have had since Earl Malcolm said that during the 2000
gathering we would visit the Flow Country.
What in the world was that I said to my husband?  Here is the description I
just found.

The boggy half of Caithness and Sutherland is known as the Flow Country
(from the Old Norse word Floi meaning marshy ground). If you were to dig
down about 7 metres you would touch peat that is 7000 years old. It might
not look that interesting, but in fact there are lots of birds here and many
types of plant life, so really it is very rich in that respect.
Laurel