Re: Will you check your reference books?

> 1.  The former name of the village of St. Clare, France.

Good question.  I don't know the answer, although I suspect it is that
the village had no previous name because it grew up around the saint's
martyr site.

But the previous name of Normandy was Neustria.

> 2. The Birthdate of Malcom Canmore.  Perhaps you can find a statement
>that
> he was such and such an age at a certain date from which a birth date
>could
> be calculated?

About 1031.

http://www.galstar.com/~glpatter/d0003/g0000048.html

That seems to be the generally accepted approximate birthdate for Malcolm
Bighead.

> 3.  Anything you have about his marriage to Ingibiorg or anyone else
>before  Margaret.

Same URL lists his marriage to Ingibjorg, but doesn't give a source.

There is a vague reference to her in
 http://netmedia.co.uk/history/week-14/index.html

This one says that King Duncan II was son of that couple:
 http://www.parsonstech.com/genealogy/trees/rterry1/d47836.htm

And indeed, checking some of the usual royal genealogy databases,
that is what is shown. Her father is given as Finn Arnasson.
For example,
 http://ftp.cac.psu.edu/genealogy/royal/r41.html
also says she was previously married to Jarl Thorfinn of Orkney.

To follow Finn Arnasson's line back, try
 http://www.worldroots.com/ged/pomer/dat126.html#6

> 4.  What date are you finding for his marriage to Margaret?

1069, from above URL.

> 5.  Also looking for date of death for William the Seemly.  I have Pete's
> date from his book of William dying 1070.  Is that what you find from
>your resources?

The only death date I have for him is that 1070 from Pete.
Many of Pete's dates he inferred from what evidence he could find,
such as birth dates of children.  I don't know what source he had
for that one.

John Sinclair Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>; see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/