Re: Baptist Religion--A hint?

>I have been thinking that someone could probably provide a concise review for
>us of how Presbryterianism came to predominate in Scotland and Northern
>Ireland, and I am still a bit curious about the mention awhile back about
>Scottish Baptists.  Was the latter a major or minor phenomenon?

Presbyterians got to Northern Ireland primarily because Cromwell
settled Scots there to help control the Irish.

As for how Scotland became Presbyterian in the first place, that's
a long involved story involving John Knox and Bloody Mary of England,
John Calvin, Mary Queen of Scots, and a large cast of other characters.

I'm not the one to write a concise review of that, but I, too, would
be interested in seeing one.

John