Re: Brooklyn, NYC, Sinclairs

For Gail Mottola: I have some difficulty in following your story, but if I am correct, your Sinclair connection was to a John Sinclair, whose daughter Virginia was your g-g-grandmother.  My immigrant ancestor was James Richard Munro Sinclair, who came with his first wife and three children from London in about 1841 to New York.  He did not stay long in NYC, because he found work more to his liking in Nashville, where he spent the rest of his life.  None of his children were named John.  If Jean's files or your subsequent findings connect my g-g-grandfather James to your family, I would be most appreciative of sharing this information.  Good luck.