Re: Caleb Sinclair of the Mier Expedition, 1842

-------

John, you must be a mind reader.  That is going to be a research paper in
the next UPDATE.  Actually the problem is much greater than just which
Caleb.  There are documents of four men claiming that fame - one Caleb and
two others of different names.  The Caleb N. born in NY made no such claim.
I will be working with the professionals on this one.  The record stating he
was from NY was a military listing written AFTER the expedition and
apparently because he was the only one they could find in military records
after a John filed for the pension.  Then they scratched through Caleb and
wrote William so it is going to have to be a state decision.   Shame on you
for spoiling my surprise.  (just a joke) - see,  if you kept in closer
contact you would be "in the know".

Pasqual's are already in DRT and SRT and Caleb's want to be there too.  The
local DRT has been after me for years on this so I have finally promised to
get it done.
By the way, if you haven't joined SRT on your Ragland line, I have furnished
all you need to the Alamo library for documentation.  I included it in our
Sinkler-Sinclair-St. Clair ADDENDUM 1996 and you just need to refer to the
widow's pension application for the Indian Wars for Jane.
Jean