Our dear friend, Pete Cummings

-------

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
                                                PETE CUMMINGS

    So many of you knew Pete better and longer than I.  A couple of years
ago, we began a correspondence concerning my role here in the NW during the
planning of the 600th Celebration.  He gave me much guidance and
encouragement as we exchanged ideas and plans.  Immediately, I sensed that
he was a kind, considerate "kindred spirit" in the area of Sinclair history.
    Then through the months I tried to picture him and  when it became
possible to go back to the celebration, I could hardly believe that at last
I could meet Pete and Barbie.  Those days were so full of great memories but
what stands above all else was his gentle smile and his graciousness.
    Many of you may not know that he, as Clan Genealogist,  was the guiding
spirit of the 600th celebration through his gift for organization.  He lit
the murkey hallways to the past and illuminated Prince Henry, his ancestors,
and descendants through his wonderful articles in  pamphlets, the 600th
newsletters,  Yours Aye, and his books.  He gave so unselfishly of his time
and resources to build a strong Sinclair base of information for all the
future Sinclair/St. Clair researchers and seekers of history.
    I sure will miss ...My Friend, Pete Cummings.