Re: Ontario Sinclairs

-------

Hello Sandy,

Welcome to the club!  My husband's name is Sandy as well, and it looked funny to see his name on the screen.  He won't touch the computer!

Can you tell me anything more about your Ontario Sinclairs?  Where were they from, and where did they go?  I'll see if I have any info on them.

TO KEN:

Re Yours Aye Yours, etc.

I always thought it was "Yours Aye", meaning Yours Ever.  Maybe I'm wrong, but
I did wonder about that too.

Anyone else?

TO MARGE;

I've re-read "The Sinclairs of Roslin, Caithness, and Goshen" by the Rev. Maclean Sinclair (1901), and although there are literally hundreds of Sinclairs
listed in Nova Scotia, I could not find your Lewis Frank S.  There is one family that does use the name "Lewis":

Lewis, b. 1838, son of William, son of Alexander, 2nd son of William Sinclair in Shurery, Caithness.  He died in Newfoundland "was married and left children".

William married Isabel Macdonald, who had an older brother named Lewis, so that's probably the root of the name in that particular family.

There are several Archibalds mentioned , but it is too complicated for me to untangle them.If you are interested in the booklet, I suggest contacting Rory Sinclair (rory.sinclair@accglobal.net) to order a copy.  I think it's only about $12, plus shipping and handling (he is the secretary of the assoc. in Canada)

TO ALL U.S. COUSINS:  I HAVE TO ADMIT MY IGNORANCE, I DON'T KNOW ALL THE ABBREVIATIONS FOR YOUR STATES.  I GET PARTICULARLY CONFUSED WITH THE ONES WHICH
START WITH THE LETTER 'M'.  My atlas is packed in a box somewhere,  so which state is "ME."?

That's all for now.

Toni S.

[
[  info sinclair