Laurel: Virginia Plantation

-------

OR are you referring to the Virginia Plantation? Rev. P. St. Clair and about
100 slaves were run off by the Union soldiers. His diary was sold by my
grandfather, Wilbur Fisk St. Clair along with farms and two Steinway grands
belonging to my grandmother, Maria Maude VanAlstine. He divorced her in
Exeter, Missouri, where the laws automatically transferred her property to
him. (He had her meet him there under false pretenses so he could take
advantage of the Missouri property laws.)

Pardon my repeating, but there are sooo many family tales that I forget which
one I've posted recently. I don't want to overwhelm so I'm doing it a bit at a
time.

Thank you for any help.

Johnnye in Omaha, Nebraska
[