Re: 17 & 18 Century

-------

Am researching the whereabouts of the Sinclairs during this time. Have read
four history books, two specific to Scotland. Did the Sinclairs remain aloof
to the political and religious strife at that time? If they associated with
the courts of Charles the Second or, following, James the Seventh of Scotland
and Second of England, in what manner did they attend? I can find no
involvement whatsoever of the Sinclairs with, not only the kings, no with the
other "warring" Scottish clans either. Can anyone tell me what evolution the
Sinclairs took during these two hundred years? It certainly would clear up, or
at least make possible, the story handed down throughout the generations of my
grandfather's family.

Any info. or direction is greatly appreciated.

Johnnye
[
[  info sinclair
[