Location

-------

Greetings,

I was thinking that it might be an nice idea for anyone of us interested
to prehaps tell us all a little about the places that their particular
Sinclair's came from or went to. Because I often wonder what Caithness,
Scotland is like.

My line of Sinclair's in New Zealand, never went far from the water.
They lived in a small hillside Port called Lyttelton. I don't know what
everyone knows about New Zealand so here is a couple of points.
New Zealand is a small country, with a rough beauty. It has two main
Islands, North and South. The Maori name for New Zealand is Aotearoa.
The Europeans originally used New Zealand mostly for farming. There are
many unique and wonderful places in New Zealand. The Maori people,
native to new Zealand have a lovely culture, with large amounts of art
such as carvings.
The European settlement of New Zealand began in the 1800's and
progressed. The contriversal  Treaty of Waitangi was signed between
Maori and British in 1840. In 1850 the settlement of Canterbury began
with the 4 big passanger ships that arrived. Many settlers however like
my Sinclair's arrived in Canterbury before the first four big ships.

Well that is a start any other questions please ask me.
Jenny Coster
North Canterbury, New Zealand
jennycoster@hotmail.com