Re: GALT SINCLAIRS

-------

Wanda,
     I just found the birthdate of our Alexander Sinclair-  Jan. 2, 1830-  do
you think it is possible that it is your Alex #2 with a census birthdate
listed as Jan. 2, 1838?  It would be easy to mistake an eight for a zero if it
was handwritten.  My date came from the IGI for Orkney.   He seems to fit the
other info I had-  He was still alive in 1909 when the newspaper article
reported him as "only two are alive now- Alexander who has for a number of
years resided in Galt, Toronto..."
     I am going to look for confirmation of his birthdate from the registrar
in South Ronaldshay.
     Thank-you so much for your response and the time you took to gather the
information.  My hopes are to tie into an established Sinclair line but
tracing Alexander who was my ggg-grandfather's brother.  My ggg-grandfather
Robert was one of 8 brothers born to James and Barbara Groat Sinclair in South
Ronaldsay OK.  I have not been able to find James' parents.
     Once again, thank-you.
Marilyn
[
[  info sinclair