Re: Sinclair's in MN

-------

The whole family of John Sinclair b. 1763 Gilmanton, NH who descend from
John of Exeter, when they left NY, went to Erie then Crawford Co PA.  Then
by 1830 they were in Geauga Co. OH.  At least 4 of the kids went to WI by
1845, here are the sons :
1. Leonard b. VT 1793 m. Sarah St. John d. 1876 Waupacca Co., WI;
2. Joshua b. 1802 PA d. 1885 Summit, Sauk Co. m. RHODA MOREY MCCLELLAND
 3. JOSEPH SINCLAIR b. PA 1805 m. Elizabeth ?, d. Sauk Co., WI.

Among the men remaining in OH we have
 Bradbury Sinclear/Sinclair b. 1788 NH d. at Marietta IL 1857;
John Jr. b. 1790 NH d. 1822 Perry, OH;
 David b. NH 1792 soldier in 1812 War;
Daniel b. 1811 Rockdale, PA

John sr. also had a brother Joseph b. NH 1766 went to VT and by 1828 was in
Perry, Lake Co. OH where his brother John already was living.......His sons:
Joseph b. NH 1789 d. Sioux City IA
Greenleaf Cilley Sinclair b. VT 1794 d. Perry OH 1876
Milton b. VT 1800 D. Perry, OH 1852
Arit b. VT 1806 lived at Perry, unmarried

John Sr. and brother Joseph had a brother David b. 1770 and had a hotel and
large farm at Perry< OH..... m. Sally Batchelder of NH  (there is a
Batchelder newsletter) these are his sons:
Prentice b. vT 1796 res. Perry
Calvin b. VT 1802 d. Perry 1852
David b. VT 1815 d. Adams Co., NE 1881

So you see there were a number of Sinclair men on this line in OH who in the
next generatins could have named a son Joseph.  I know this is getting the
cart before the horse and you still need a connection to which of the many
sources.  Plus There were other brothers who stayed in NH and VT whose
offspring could have gone to OH where they had relatives.