Re: Sinclairs in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC, Wash, Oregon, Montana, ...

-------

To Sharon:

I checked what records I have on the Sinclairs from Orkney, and there is no Robert among them.  Many of these people went directly to work for the Hudson Bay Company in the far north in the late 17 and early 1800s.  I also checked Donald Whyte's "A Dictionary of Scottish emigrants before Confederation" with no success.  Neither of these lists are very complete, so I would not presume that this is the final word.

Sorry this doesn't help you, but don't get too discouraged.  You join the ranks of so many of us who are "stuck" on one ancestor or another.  Good company!

Toni

[
[  info sinclair
[