A memorial to George Sinclair, 4th Earl of Caithness in Rosslyn Chapel.
James T. Calder, in his book "Sketch of the Civil and Traditional
of Caithness from the 10th Century," translates the Latin inscription as
"Here lies a noble and potent lord, George, formerly Earl of Caithness,
Lord Sinclair, hereditary justiciary of the diocese of Caithness, who
at Edinburgh, the 9th day of Septmber, 1582." The Sinclair motto,
thy verk to God," is partially visible at the top.