Re: Kings of Poland

labehotiere@wanadoo.fr writes:

>  I still do not understand why the Wedderburn Earls of Roslin became St
> Clair-Erskin. I cannot find any Sinclair blood in them. Hopefully The Earl
> of Caithness, our clan Chief, can delineate the connection.

As I understand it:
Sir William (D. 1778) died w/o sons.  The succession passed through his
daughter, Sarah.  She married a Wedderburn.  They had a son, Alexander, and a
daughter, Janet.  Janet married Sir Henry Erskine, 5th Baronet of Alva.

In 1805, Alexander Wedderburn St Clair died childless, and was succeded by
his nephew, Sir James St. Clair Erskine, son of Janet, grandson of Sarah,
GGrandson of Sir William.

Glen Cook