Trees and Princes

Dear friend Laurel and others. As a young teen I lived in Michigan for a few
years. On one particular farm I worked for an elderly couple who had Mountain
Ash trees planted around the main house and barn. I had always been intrigued
by these trees. They were so very different than the surrounding pine, apple,
and peach trees. I had no knowledge of my Scottish heritage at the time. I
can picture these trees as if it were yesterday. It has been almost thirty
years ago. I had no idea it was a cousin to the Rowan tree. I have planted
trees in my own yard that have appeal all season, either for foliage or bark.
I have one spot on the hill near the garden for one more tree. I promise a
Mountain Ash will be there in the spring. Should I name it Laurel or Prince?
Or, considering the timeline of all things, should it be Jarl?

Donald Sinclair, Indianapolis