Crest: cockerel

Subj: Theory re the meaning of the Sinclair Cockerel. Responding to Neil Sinclair's question (included below).

Greetings Neil,

Upfront: I do not have the answers to where and when the Sinclair cock originated. I'm not an historian or academic fellow, I'm a simple mystic; this happens to be a mystery that has been most intriguing to me for some while in my work regarding Henry Sinclairs' Arms. I've added a few notes below that have already been presented in this list that seem useful but I am not in any position to present references. I am only going on intuition based on discovering consistent geometric formats in temples and earth grids related to Templar/Sinclair activities. My definition of "Lynn" is from DWELLY'S Gaelic to English Dictionary; Gairm Publication, Glasgow.

If you wish more details contact me directly, off list. I'm trying to avoid complex technical stuff and deep spiritual dynamics in this list.

This is what I think I've found:

1. A principal ley line exists from Thurso to San Sebastian/Hendaye (Spain/France: a single energetic matrix). It goes through the Holy-Rood Sanctuary in Edinburgh, Rosslyn, Glastonbury Tor, and a few other notable sites having spiritual applications.

Note: a "ley line" connects two or more energy poles. "Energy" relates to frequency levels beyond the scope of mundane science. It supports complex matrices of consciousness/thought forms. In their lower ranges they may sometimes be detected as magnetic anomalies and can often be found by dowsers, but there are a number of variables in this area too many and too complicated to wade through. These matrices can be installed and maintained through spiritual practices; the duration of the forms again depending on numerous variables but they might last for thousands of years. Ley lines are usually quite straight, not the telluric "Dragon" lines that complement them, and are usually artifacts: man-made. The purpose of a ley line is to combine powerful energy sites into a synergically unified system that can be used as a shaman's or priest's staff is used; a tool facilitating spiritual transmutation.

2. In Henrys' Arms we find a large "Shamir" (serpent, dragon, letter noun in Hebrew codes) above a helmet supported by the Sinclair shield (I'm avoiding the standard heraldic terms). The shield is canted at 26.3 degrees... this angle is not precisely found in the present use of the shield, its my own "correction" of a few degrees. Its a very important angle in sacred geometry and one also found... again my theory... in the shaping of the vesica "cups" or "grails" in the Sinclair black engrailed cross. This large subject would involve a commentary regarding manifestation dynamics and their application to the Shield's meaning... not included here.

Henry's Arms is a template for a large Earth Grid. If the eye of the Shamir is Thurso then we drop a vertical line so that the point of intersection with the shield's top is the center of a 40 mile diameter grid including Edinburgh. The Center is at the ruin of St. Mary's Chapel just south of Rosslyn. This vertical line is the Thurso ley-line noted above and it includes a very large "grail" grid between Edinburgh and Glastonbury, again using the 26.3 "Christ/Bethlehem Angle" to form a vesica with the Holy Island at Anglesey Head. Thus I am strongly emphasizing the importance of this "Thurso Line."

3. If we combine the Thurso Line with the Shamir/serpent we can view it as the Serpent Staff of Aesculpius (Greek god of healing) or the Serpent Staff of Moses which is also correlated with/as the Christ (John 3:14-15). This also connects with classic Grail lore, as a mechanism that supports healing and regeneration of life and rebirth. Again this returns to creation dynamics and again emphasizes the importance of this essential ley line. There are other critical aspects of the Line but my point is made.

4. "Lyn/lynn" in Scot Gaelic means "line, lion, water fall, brood of 12, BROOD HEN, etc." I'm emphasizing the "brood hen, of 12." With the number 12 we move into extensive temple geometry and applied spiritual formats: tribes, zodiacal temples, pantheons, et al. Energetically we can pick 12/13 holy sites (a "brood of 12") in Great Britain, including Ireland/Scotland or other sites in Europe, and transfer their charge(s) to the Thurso Line... this is how a staff is created. The line becomes a "Line-of-12" and can be constantly upgraded to fit any existing situation. (This subject would then move into the use of nonlinear time.)

5. "Roslynn" means "Rose-Line" and the Thurso Line could also pick up that function, the "Rose" correlating with the Grail, Rose Mystica, etc., in contemporary mysticism. The Chapel is a controlling mechanism for the whole line, with effect in all of Europe and the Americas. This is more extensive in studying Earth Grids but the point is made. This study would also vector more deeply into the 1398 CE "Grail-Across-The-Atlantic" expedition objectives and would also tie into a Planet-encircling serpent line going up the US East Coast, through Nova Scotia and Southern England (Michael-Mari Line) and then onward.

COCKEREL INTERPRETATION:

I believe that the Sinclair Arms' Cock as the Shield's crest includes the Chanter-Clair rooster symbolism identifying with the Sun and a new day however I also see it as the living vehicle that fertilizes the Brood-Hen's 12 eggs ie the Thurso-ley or Line-of-12. Assuming that, then the question comes up: "What are the 'eggs' and what are the codes they are fertilized with? ... How does this then interact with the dynamics of the Shield?" (I have my own answers to this but I think that each person must define their own Grail.)

If the Sinclair Arms were correctly drawn, by my own theories, the eye of the Cock would be vertical with the center of the shield's top in the same manner that Henry used the Shamir. I think that Henry must have used the Shamir as a correspondent with the Cock in a unified mechanism. This would then become the Bird-Serpent archetypal Staff noted above (the archetype generally has the bird lifting the serpent; it is also found as the Caduceus, Feathered-Serpent, etc.) This would become the energetic and consciousness format for "Committing (the) Work to God."

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Buehler of Colorado
Minister: Church of Antioch
CDR (USN Ret.)