Re: General response - Templars

In a message dated 12/8/2001 7:55:16 AM Mountain Standard Time,
esdemio@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Jeff, and some others, To me the Knights of the Temple died with the
> death of the organization so many centuries ago.  It is now a Masonic
> organization as part of the York Rite

To be just a little more precise, there is a degree of Knight Templar in
Freemasonry.  It makes no pretense at being descended from the Order.  It
only emulates their ideals.

There are also many, many <revived> Knight Templar groups, some of which
allege they are an order.

Glen Cook