Re: William Sinclair / Sinkler

At 03:58 PM 4/4/2000 -0400, Joe Greigg wrote:

><< Joe - what years were the York county records?  Lynn >>
>
>I don't know, all that was noted was "" Colonial Family  ""
>
>Joe

Lynn, see www.internet.net/hively/index.html

The introduction says only that the land records cover the period from 1736
to as late as 1874.  This is only an index to Neal Hively's books and no
date is given for the Sinclair entries in the Hopewell townships.  I guess
we will have to buy Neal's book.

The index also lists these interesting names of land tracts in York county:
"Sinklar's Quarters," "Sinkler's Folly," and "Sinklers Valley."

Thanks, Joe, for the pointer to York county, Pennsylvania.  I wasn't aware
of this possibility.

Richard Huseth
Austin, Texas