Rosslyn line, was Kings of Poland

labehotiere@wanadoo.fr writes:

> What I really would like to know is why Earls of Roslin are called St Clair.
>  I can find no Sinclair blood in them.

Sir William's daughter, Sarah, inherited.  Sarah married Peter Wedderburn.
They had a son, Alexander Wedderburn St Clair (1st Earl of Rosslyn) and a
daughter, Janet.  Their daughter Janet married an Erskine.  When Alexander
died, the son of Janet, Sir James St Clair Erskine, inherited.  Thus, the
Erskine line is descended through the female line x 2.

Glen Cook