Re: the Marquis de Lafayette

I make no representations as to the accuracy of the following:

Excerpted from: SHORT TALK BULLETIN - Vol.VI   July, 1928   No.7
LAFAYETTE
by:  Unknown

Where and when Lafayette was made a Mason is a matter of dispute.  Some say
it was at the great meeting of Military Lodges in Morristown, New Jersey,
when the proposal was made to form a General Grand Lodge, of which Washington
was to be the Supreme Grand Master.  Yet, Lafayette more than one spoke as if
he had been made a Mason before he arrived in America.  The exact fact is
hard to find, but we do know that he was a man of our Craft.