Re[2]: Romney

Hi Susan,

Saturday, February 23, 2002, 10:45:20 PM, you wrote:

>        If an American is born abroad and one parent is an American, the
> American born abroad can claim American citizenship.

I can confirm this. After becoming a UK citizen the US embassy wanted
my passport back under a Cold War law. I refused, but couldn't renew
it. Later the law was overturned and the Embassy gave me back my
passport and gave my British born children (who have a British mohter)
US paasports.

Doug

--
 Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
 Submissions to:sci-archaeology-moderated@medieval.org