Re: Subscription to Sinclair List

Welcome to the list.  My G-Grandfather came from London a few years before
the Civil War, and after trying New York for a while, was enticed by a better
job offer in Nashville,TN.  His first wife was Ann Moncreiiffe, a neighbor of
his family in Edinburgh. When she died of a fever, he married her sister,
Louise.  These two remarkable Scottish ladies produced a large family, some
of whose males bear the Moncreiffe name.  I have researched this Sinclair
line back to Caithness and the early Sinclairs of Dun (now in ruins, but
still overlooking the North Sea just East of Dunbeath.)  Do you think your
G-Grandfather from Tennessee" is rrelated?  I would be most pleased to find
out.  Merry Christmas!

Ray Lower (mother was Thelma Sinclair of Tennessee, granddaughter of my
descendant James Richard Munro Sinclair.)