[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Dear all - 215 (thanks to John's count)
I am going to attach a chart that I have originated using the lotus 123
It will not make much sense probably as shown - however:
1. Since I have been unable to determine how to get vertical lines in
the middle of a 'cell', I have to print it as is - then complete the
remainder of the lines with ruler & pencil.
2. In the chart presented to you - all of line #3 are connected as
descendents of Daniel (line 1)
3. The brother & sisters in line 4 would be connected as descendents of
David (line 3).
4. The brothers & sisters in lines 5 AND 6 would be connected to
George W. (line 4)
5. The brothers and sisters in line 7 would be connected to Andrew
6. The brothers in line 8 are me and my brother Willard (no sisters);
these would be connected to Ernest (line 7).
7. My children, grandchildren etc or bottom left; Willard's are bottom
8. I tried scanning a completed chart (with descendency lines broadened)
so that I could attach a file showing a completed chart - but so far
have been unable to get it to come out OK.
8. With a bit of consideration you can see that many, many charts can
be made in tracing descendants of individaul people.
9. The advantage of these charts as I see it is that you get a picture
of the brothers and sisters in each ancestry level and it makes you
wonder (at least for me) who & where are all the descendants of the
10. So far I have listed genealogy data of (but not charts made) (a)
all persons shown in the chart.
11. I have, in the recent past, picked up (from our Sinclair 'list') a
number of persons (new cousins) and their genealogy connection into
those persons shown on the chart.
(Hope I am making myself clear)
12. An accompnying catalogue of personal data can be made of any
individual with reference to (line & name).
13. With a chart (2 or more if necessary as generations pile up) made
down to a newborn there is a pictorial record for that person who will
not have to start the research all over again.
14. Am I crazy? Anyhow, comments appreciated and help is needed in
getting those vertical lines inserted on the computer.
15. I am thinking that this should be a new twist in the use of our
Neil (Nova Scotia)