Louisa StClair

After reading the story,s on Louisa, i remember having corresponded with a ,
James Robb, descended through Sam & Louisa,s son , John Murray Robb .
I wrote James last night & he sent me some info relative to the discussion.
Louisa & Sam married 1795 near Ligonier ,Pa. & lived in a large home(mansion
if you will) called Hermitage. Living just a short distance from Ligonier &
knowing the area well it hasn;t changed much since colonial times, consisting
almost entirely of farms, i just don,t see much of a  privaleged life  or
grand social setting for her there. Mr Robb informs me there are no pictures
or paintings of her although Arthur had a few done most notably by Charles
Wilson Peale, which hung in Independence hall for many years but now hangs in
the National portrait gallery in Philadelphia, Pa.
Peale also made a copy of this & it hangs in the Museum of Art in N.Y. city.
Louisa died April 1840 & is buried in the Presbyterian cemetery in Ligonier ,
Pa.