Re:Isabella Sinclair

Hi,

This might be your Isabella Sinclair as she was the only Isabella born
at a time that would fit a marriage in 1807 and where place of birth and
place of marriage fitted. I also found her marriage. Bur in the marriage
record Innes's names are given just as Innes Reid (not Traill).

>From the International Genealogical Index;

Isabella SINCLAIR
Sex: F
Event(s):Birth:
           Olrig, Caithness, Scotland
Parents:Father: Alexr. SINCLAIR
        Mother: Janet SINCLAIR

Source Information:
Batch number:Dates	Source Call No.Type	Printout Call No.Type
     C110392 1699-1854	0990553 	Film	6903137 	 Film
     Sheet:

-------------------------------
>From Scots Origins....

OPR M M 5 DEC 1807 REID INNES_ SINCLAIR ISABELLA OLRIG

>From Scots Origins I got this information on   Reid married to a Traill

George Traill/Reid Mary
had a daughter Mary born 20/10 1799 (could be a sibling)

Thomas Traill, b 10/10 1789
Mary Traill, b 25/5 1794
Mary Traill, b 17/5 1792
Ann Yule Traill, b 13/6 1795
father William Traill
mother Ann Reid
in Westray and Papa-Westray

but then I found some interesting info....

there was this Traill family who always named their children XX Stewart
Traill (James Stewart Traill, Ann Stewart Traill and so on) the mother
was born Reid... and there was an other family who always named their
children XX Reid.... and do you know what, their mother where a Stewart.
Maybe that was some kind of a tradition in the Traill family? So maybe
Innes was not named after his mother but after a family friend. Does
anyone else on the list found anything like it before?

11DEC 1820 TRAILL ANN STEWART 	TRAILL GEORGE/SWAN MARY
3DEC 1820 TRAILL MARY SWAN 	TRAILL PETER/STEWART MARGARET

both in in Westray and Papa-Westray.

They where probably connected, sister in laws?

However I could not find your Innes anywhere in the records, so maybe he
even had more then one christian name and was registered as a Henry or a
James or a John.

Whops!!!!!! I should not have said that... as I'm working simultaneously
with the Scots Origin..... just found your Innes... but databases are
"stupid" - he was registered as Innes_ and that little underscore made
the whole difference. Here is his record;

OPR C M 10 JAN 1779 REID INNES_   REID WILLIAM/TORMATSON ISABEL THURSO

so where the Traill come from we still don't know.

Best regards
Lena