Off topic - April Fools' Day

While doing some research at work about April Fools'
Day I ran across this tidbit:

"In Scotland, for example, April Fools' Day is
actually celebrated for two days. The second day is
devoted to pranks involving the posterior region of
the body. It is called Taily Day. The origin of the
"kick me" sign can be traced to this observance. "
http://wilstar.com/holidays/aprilfool.htm

Is this true?  Does Scotland still indulge in Taily
Day?  People I work with (enquiring minds) want to
know.

Janet Thomas
Technical Services Librarian
Ringling School of Art and Design