Re: Thoughts in the middle

At 00:58 27/03/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Niven,
>
>     Am I the guilty one regarding 'thoughts in the middle of a
>sentence'?
>
>I have not seen any other contributors from NS (Nova Scotia) to this
>list so I make that assumption.
>
>Since I write with a - between my separate thoughts it is only because
>it is a convenient way for me to type quickly with my 'hunt & peck'
>procedure.
>
>The only things that I learned easily in school was English punctuation,
>sentence structure and mathematics - all the rest was ?????- there, I've
>done it again.
>
>I will try to avoid this discrepancy in the future.
>
>Sincerely and affection to all of you,  Neil St. Clair
>
>No perversity intended!
>

>No, Neil.  You and I share the same initials.  I was drawing attention
to my own grasshopper mentality.

If my memory serves me correctly you and your wife are lawyers.
Therefore, English is the vehicle of your profession and, whilst I
might question (and even challenge) the basis on which legal fees
are arrived at I would hesitate to challenge the ball of verbal wool
which masquerades as a legal 'brief' or an 'opinion' because, in the
main, such papers are incomprehensible to laymen like myself
which I have always seen as a deliberate ploy to keep your fellow
lawyers in work.

Thankfully, your able contributions to these columns have always
been devoid of such legal gobbledegook and have drawn much-needed
attention to the forgotten Sinclairs of Argyll.

Why weren't you at Guysborough on 9th September, 2000 ?  It was
a momentous occasion.

Regards,

Niven