Re: Rosslyn/Roslin

>>> rory.sinclair@home.com 03/21/01 04:44AM >>>
> Consistency in spelling is a relatively modern complusion and
> our Medieaval ancestors had no such obsession.

Nor did nearer ancestors, I gather. (My surname Toynbee has a lot of variations, the IGI even includes Taughenbaughs from Pennsylvania.)

Roslyn is another placename spelling, as in the Washington state coal-mining town where the TV series Northern Exposure was filmed (pictures from http://www.ghosttownsusa.com/roslyncafe.htm) I hear that as ROZ-lin. I wonder if Rosslyn and Roslin are pronounced the same way.

Claire