RE: Oak Island = GUNN

well this is a bunch of stuff to get into...

	It's true...you can't get on the island without permission of one of the
three landowners...Fred Nowlan owns a bunch of plots in the swamp area, and
he sold one to Robert Young a half-dozen years ago. Titon and Dan
Blenkenship own the causeway, and 2/3 of the island, including the Money
Pit, Cave-in Pit, and Smith Cove areas. Since April of 1999 Triton and Dan
have been fighting in court and the world awaits the outcome. Nothing will
happen until they sort it out - and it;s deep complicated and nasty...

	Dan Blenkenship has put a lot of time and energy into the Island. He is
definitely a driven man who has his own ideas...I have spoken and/or visited
with him many times. He has watched hundred's, nay thousands of fools come
and go, each with their own theory. He has entertained authors and opened
his files to many only to see them say the unkindest things about him in
print - he definitely comes off as a wacko...

	But right now, to most of the world - so are the Sinclairs...so I have not
formed a complete opinion yet, on Dan either...But Dan didn't mention the
Gunn clan rock in the barn...I'll give him a call and ask about it...

	The sub reference may not make sense to this list, but a number of years
ago the famous Woods Hole institute and The Bedford Institute of
Oceanography in Halifax did a complete scan of the area. I have not seen the
results, they are in the hands of very few. The work was paid for by a
Boston Businessman.

	I have already written about the stone, Fell and others have translated an
inscription that in pretty well unanimously agreed not to be the
original...I concurr.

	I don't know about George Young's find, but I do know that Hubbards is not
"near the Ovens" in any sense - by land or sea...it's a hour away driving
and a six - 12 hour sail depending on conditions...which are not always
friendly...

	As for the Lily Lake hieroglyph - it may well exist - but Niven, Malcolm,
Bill, Dr Tim W-M, Marilyn Hopkins, and I failed to locate it after weeks of
research on the phone and four hot hours tromping around the bush last
month...

	The Mystery Walls are definitely interesting, although not necessarily
connected to the Sinclairs - apparently they pre-date Prince Henry. But this
much is true: the 470 foot wall described is not 4 - 7 feet wide - but 3-4
feet...the construction is not 22 feet high anywhere - but runs along a
ridge that gives that height on one side...the highest constructed part
might be six feet...The raised part of the "house" is probably not an
altar - but is a huge rock on which the north part of the building is
built...

	The Mystery Walls are definitely one of the most interesting places in the
province - the other two being Oak Island and the 10,400 Paleo-Indian site
at Debert at which 10,400 year old Latin American artifacts have been found.

	I'm not aware of a Pentagram at Lunenburg Bay - although I'd like to know
more about it...New Ross, in the end, doesn't look like much...

	The George Young mentioned is covered extensively in the Oak Island Mystery
Book by Lionel and Patricia Fanthorpe (who also have a book about
Rennes-le-Chateau)...he is an Ogam expert and was the first to suggest that
figures in the Poussin paintings are holding their fingers in Ogam - a
written language that also communicates in hand signals - and on down a line
of specualtion from there...

	interesting stuff, though...

			rob cohn
			halifax