Re: St Clairs of the Isles--Locations

At 16:58 27/09/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Perhaps if we could send letters to the editor of Scottish and other
>genealogical magazines that we su bscribe to alert others about the materials
>available in this book, many others would also write/call Higginson's.
>      I would be willing to do this also.  Since I haven't seen the book,
>perhaps one of you could give us the scope of the clans that might be
>interested in this book so that we can target specific clans or localities
>in this endeavor.
>Laurel

Although the "St Clairs of the Isles" does refer to the various families
into which
the Sinclairs married, it is essentially a book about St Clairs which, if
read by
others less fortunate, would make them feel even more inferior.

I do not think that it would sit easily on a Campbell bookshelf, for
example, and,
if one reads about the antics of various Earls of Caithness, we will see
that we
have had our share of disputatious ancestors who, when the fighting was over,
resorted to litigious feuds with their own kin - usually over land.

Niven Sinclair