Re: St Clairs of Roanoke, Virginia/Jackson County, Missouri

Chris, The Virginia line you are looking for is very well documented by Jean
Grigsby, among others I am sure, But Jean is the person I am most familiar
with and she is one of the clan.  I wish I could be better organized about
this but all that I can tell you right now is that we all descend from
Alexander Sinkler(StClair) who came to Va. in 1696 from Glasgow.  Our
particular line comes through Alexander's son Wayman and his son Robert who
went to Bedford Va.  From what I understand the historical society in Bedford
has a lot of information and there were loads of StClairs in the vicinity.
Good luck and welcome to the family.  Charlotte Gellils, granddaughter of
Charles P. StClair I forgot to add that Jean's books on the family line are
listed on her web site and on the family site also.