Re: T.M. Sinclair--Cedar Rapids, Iowa

<<  Daniel and
 Ellie both died within 2 weeks of each other during the flu epidemic in
1918,  >>

Della --

The 1918 flu epidemic was one of the worst Biological events to strike the
USA .

My grandfather told me that the dead were being buried in mass graves because
 they were dying so fast that there were no caskets and the funeral homes
were unable to handle the caseload .

There is a good chance that your Daniel died at home and was rapidly buried
and his death not officially recorded ??

If this same strain of flu were to hit the USA today , the death toll would
approach
100 million or more in a very short time

Looking at it another way , the Black Death of the Middle Ages is something
less than 80% fatal under ideal conditions while the 1918 Flu strain is
something more than 30% fatal !!

The May - June issue of either Family History or Family Chronical  Magazines
had a rather well written article on the 1918 Flu -- you may want to secure a
copy ??

Regards

Joe Greigg