In the footsteps of George Sinclair, 1612

A brief report from Otta.

Donald & Mary Sinclair, their friends Einar and Reidunn Hveen, Chris Maile,
and the Lairds were taken yesterday by Inge Leif and Eldbjørg Larsen with
Else Larsen, Syver Bakken and Randi Haugsjord to George Sinclair's grave at
Kvam.  Else had brought white and blue flowers to represent the colours of
the Saltire, which were laid by Sarah, and a laminated note with the Clan
Crest "In Memory of George Sinclair and those of Clan Sinclair and other
Scots killed at the Battle of Kringen, 26th August 1612, or afterwards,
nearby in Kvam."  Chris played the Flowers of the Forest  we stood in
silent tribute.  We then went to the battle site at Kringen and Chris
played MacCrimmon's Lament, for all Scots who go to war and do not
return.  It was deeply moving.

We returned to the village of Otta and joined in the celebrations that
culminated with Otta being rededicated as a town, having fullfilled the
Norwegian requirements to do so.  Photos will start to appear from tomorrow
evening.

Yours aye

Iain , Annabel and Sarah in the Town of Otta, Sel Kommune, Norway

www.iain.laird.btinternet.co.uk