RE: Can any of you Canadians add anything?

At 10:04 16/08/00 +1000, you wrote:
>John,
>Thankyou for picking-up this thread.
>The information that Dave provided was in relation to enquiries I made with
>him off the POS list.
>And I am please that he decided to copy the POS-list with his response, his
>information is very interesting.
>Sometimes a small ripple can carry a long way.  We will continue to follow
>it further and see where it leads.
>
>John you might have seen the two items I posted arguing that Henry Sinclair
>most likely (I am 95% convinced) went to the New World, under the heading
>Facts/Fiction.  Interesting that those that argued that there was
>insufficient evidence have not replied to my last posting of 4 days ago.  I
>include it below for the Sinclair group, Niven I am fighting the good fight,
>but I am losing patience with some people who go to enormous lengths to
>defend the indefensible.
>
>Lastly, I gave the presentation on Prince Henry Sinclair to my Lodge
>(Chelsea 346 UGLV) last Thursday night and it was wonderfully received.
>In their own words my brother masons basically said, "We didn't know about
>all this", and "It gives more meaning to a lot of things",
>A number of them are members of the masonic Knights Templar and asked that I
>consider joining them.
>This I hope to do when current priorities with my time have been dealt with.
>To all on the Clan Sinclair Discussion group; Thank You for providing your
>wonderful support.
>As Niven, once said, let the younger ones spread the word!
>
>Regards
>Bruce
>
> > ----------

An excellent summary which is expanded on in my film "Beyond Any Shadow of
Doubt" and
in my 'book' of the same name.

I have again been invited to the Orkney Science Festival this year when I
will  be advancing
the case for Prince Henry Sinclair's voyage to the New World in 1398.

Since my last visit to Orkney the Kirkwall Scroll has been carbon dated
(15th Century); the Mi'kmaq
representatives identified the symbolism on the scroll with their own
symbolism for (a) Creation and
(b) their Seven Nations.

I may be guilty of lateral thinking but is it purely coincidence that
masons wear an 'apron' and our
Scottish Clan chiefs wear 'feathers' in their Balmorals to indicate
chieftainship.  Cultural diffusion
between the Old World and the New World (which is every bit as old as the
Old World) has been
going on for thousands of years as can be gathered from the Mi'kmaq
hieroglyphics which are
practically identical with those of ancient Egypt.

Our failure to accept the obvious is born from arrogance and ignorance
(which are simply different
degrees of the same thing) and a blatant disregard for the ability of the
indigenous people of the
World from whom we have much to learn.

Henry's voyage was not unusual.  His Viking forebears had been making the
journey for Centuries
and, before them, the Phoenicians, the Romans, the Celts and, in the
opposite direction, the
Inuits who were building boats capable of holding 40 people.

Further South the Ghanaian Chiefs were voyaging to South America hundreds
of years before
Columbus and the Chinese had already discovered "The Land of the Fusang
Tree" and traversed
the American Continent from the Pacific to the Atlantic.   This is well
documented.  China has
the oldest written history in the World.

I will be flying to Nova Scotia on 7th September to meet Laura Zolo as she
completes her voyage
in the wake of Prince Henry Sinclair's voyage of 1398.  She has given
'physical expression' to that
which the rest of us talk about.  Her voyage from Venice through the
Mediterranean (where she
researched the ports used by the Templars) and in to the English Channel
(where she again did
a lot of research) before heading for England, Orkney (where I again met
her), Shetland, the Faeroes,
Iceland, and Greenland.  Her small yacht "The 7 Roses" would fit into my
kitchen and, yet, she
has faced Atlantic gales with courage, conviction and a strong sense of
history.  No wonder she
has the backing of Venice, the Italian Navy, the Clan Sinclair and the
PrInce Henry Sinclair Society
of America.

This young and beautiful Italian lady has set us all an example.  Actions
always speak louder than
words.

She will receive a well-deserved Civic Reception in Nova Scotia and be
given the same warm welcome
by the Mi'kmaq people that they extended to Prince Henry Sinclair over 600
years ago.

Our Chief, the Earl of Caithness, will be presenting the Grand Chief with a
"Sword of Peace"
(on which the word 'peace' is written in 205 languages and which contains
the same Mi'kmaq symbols as
those which appear on the Kirkwall Scroll) in recognition of the welcome
they gave to Prince Henry Sinclair
and also the welcome which they have continued to give to successive waves
of Scottish immigrants over
the Centuries.

The sword has always been seen as a symbol of chivalry.  This specially
inscribed "Sword of Peace" has been
made by the finest sword-makers in the World and will, we hope, be a
belated recognisation of the part which
the Mi'kmaq  played in bringing Henry's voyage to a successful conclusion.

Prince Henry will eventually be given his rightful place in history.  In
that history the Mi'kmaq people have a
an equal part.

Niven Sinclair