Family of Arthur St. Clair

Your message, which will be sent to everyone
on the list sinclair@mids.org.
*Remember: you must join the list before you can post.*
This may be several months late, but just noticed that in the web page for Arthur St. Clair there is a glaring error. His daughter Elizabeth did indeed marry John Lawrence, by whom she had a number of children. John Lawrence died ca 1799 and she then married James Dill. It was Elizabeth St. Clair Lawrence's daughter Mary who married Samuel Vance. The Dearborn County Historical Society is located in the house Samuel Vance built in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, the town he founded in 1802 and named for Mary's maiden name. Elizabeth St. Clair Dill also moved to Lawrenceburg and lived out her days here. Anyone who is a descendant of these women is urged to contact me, either by e-mail or at Dearborn County Historical Society, 508 W. High Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025-1916. We have voluminous information about these families. Chris McHenry, Dearborn County Historian