From: sinclair-digest <owner-sinclair-digest@matrix.net>
To: <sinclair-digest@matrix.net>
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2000 8:45 AM
Subject: sinclair-digest V2 #206

href=3D"http://www.iain.laird.btinternet.com=A0=

href=3D"mailto:templar@net-link.net">mailto:templar@net-link.net</a></font>=
href=3D"http://www.iain.laird.btinternet.co.uk/=

eudora="autourl">www.stonepages.com/scotland/scotland.html</a>
> .<br>
> Yours aye<br>

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 10:07:38 -0400
> From: "Rory Sinclair" <rory.sinclair@accglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: A Safe Journey
>
> Those of us lucky enough to be joining Sinclair 2000 will carry all of you
> in our hearts.
> Thank-you for your thoughts and wishes.
> Rory in Toronto (leaving tomorrow night)

Mother

eudora="autourl">www.iain.laird.btinternet.co.uk</a>

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:27:38 -0700
> From: "Keith H. Hartley" <hartley@kootenaycable.com>
> Subject: New Member Intro
>
> Hello to all:
>
>   As a New member I felt it only polite to give myself a short
> introduction.
>
>   My name is Ramona Hartley, From BC Canada.  My primary interest in the
> Sinclair list is geneology although I am keenly interested in anything
> "Sinclair".  I would describe myself as being genologically -wet behind
the
> ears- escpecially in conection with my Sinclair interests ..I confess to
> ignorance at the start and ask for patience.
>
> Geneology is fairly new to me due to the fact that I am an adopted
> child..this is also the reason behind my obsessiveness to trace my
lineage,
> also I have found I enjoy it quite a lot *S*.  Since meeting my Birth
> Mother I have traced my Lineage through my Grandmothers Norwegian roots to
> the year 1400  and have just begun to trace my Grandfathers Scotts roots.
> This side of my Family tree is a great Joy to me as I was raised by a
> Scotts family and brought up with Scotts traditions  ( Oh yes I've eaten
my
> share of Haggis...and admit to liking it).
>
> I Suppose I should list my name intrests...the "what I have so far" part.
> I will begin with my grandfather : a McCallum and go from there to my
> Sinclair Conections.
>
> Walter Alexander McCallum b. 1816 Alberta Canada
> .
> Parents:
> John Wilson McCallum b. 1894  Orkney
> m. Rachel Worsfold b. London, England
>
> Parents of :John Wilson McCallum
> Alexander Walker McCallum b. 1856 Cambusnethan , Lanark  (He was employed
> as Headmaster in Kirbister School house, Orphir Orkney.
> m. Catherine Drever Sinclair b.1759 Sanday Orkney
>
> Now the Sinclairs:
>
> Parents or Catherine Drever Sinclair
> Peter Sinclair b. 1830 Cleat farm . Sanday Orkney
> m. Catherine Calder b. 1832 Dunnet, Caithness ( Catherines parents were
> Willilam Calder & Isobel Sinclair of Dunnet Caithness)
>
> Parents of Peter Sinclair:
> James Sinclair b. 1787 Sanday, Orkney
> m. Catherine Drever b. abt 1787  ( They were married at Kirkwall & St.
Ola)