Re: Canada Day

Dear Lauel;
The American cousins may wish to know that According to the United Nations
Human Development Report 2000 Canada is again ( for the 7th time), ranked as
the best place in the world to live, based on income, health care, life
expectancy and educational levels. Norway is second and the United States is
third.
Thank you with references to the Canucks living up here.
The Sinclair connection is naturally of interest, and whether we are
American's Canadians or both, remains a question of timing as to whether the
Scot Ancestors came to America or Canada. After coming many Sinclairs now
have relations on both sides of the longest undefended border in the world.
Regards;
Neil Toronto/PEI/Argyll
A proud Canadian and American

PS For those that are not aware of the number one commercial in the recent
Advertising Awards in Europe for 2000 it was the Molson Brewery Company with
its actor named "Joe" who comes on screen in the commercial and tells the
audience the words that follow.  It gets a rise here in audiences and may
have sold some beer as the key enjoyers of the commercial were young men.
For those Sinclairs around the world that will get some amusement out of it,
here it is;

                Hey.
                I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader...
                and I don't live in an igloo
                or eat blubber, or own a dogsled...
                and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from  Canada,
                although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

                I have a Prime Minister, not a President.
                I speak english and french, NOT american.
                and I pronouce it 'ABOUT', NOT 'A BOOT'.

                I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
                I believe in peace keeping, NOT policing.
                DIVERSITY, NOT assimilation, AND THAT THE BEAVER IS A TRULY
                A PROUD AND NOBLE ANIMAL.
                A TOQUE IS A HAT, A CHESTERFIELD IS A COUCH,
                AND IT IS PRONOUCED 'ZED' NOT 'ZEE'!!!'ZED'!!!

                CANADA IS THE SECOND LARGEST LANDMASS!
                THE FIRST NATION OF HOCKEY!
                AND THE BEST PART OF NORTH AMERICA!

                MY NAME IS JOE!!
                AND I AM CANADIAN!!!!!!!!

                (Enjoy the humour , ignore the politics  and may all
Sinclairs on all sides of the world have a safe and enjoyable long
weekend. )