Re: Christopher Columbus

Some interesting books about Chris and the mindset of the European world in
the late 15th century are:

De Vorsey, Louis.  Keys to the Encounter:  A Library of Congress Resource
Guide for the Study of the Age of Discovery.

Bedini, Silvio A.  The Christopher Columbus Encyclopedia.

William D. Phillips and Carla Rahn Phillips.  The Worlds of Christopher
Columbus.

I know there are lots more but these are scholarly studies of the subject.
Parts are very interesting.  Much of it is boring.  Like reading Columbus'
logs.  Dead reckoning is a very boring, and somewhat inaccurate, method of
navigation.  I guess it is a wonder that old Chris hit anything, instead of
sailing off the edge of the world :)

He was an interesting character, and passionate about his theories.  He would
have fared much better had he employed a business manager!

Happy reading.

Constance Sinclair in Missouri (USA)