His Tribute to the United States

I must say, this is the first time I have heard about this Canadian
named Sinclair.  As one who tries to keep up with world current events
and politics, I am sorry to say I have never read any of his opinions
when he was alive. UNTIL TODAY.  The piece on his tribute to the US was
so unlike what I've heard about America lately. It made me feel proud
to be a North American. I do, however, remember the heroic acts of
bravery Canadian citizens made back in Tehran in the late 1970's.  They
risked their lives to save American citizens who fled the American
Embassy when it was overrun by Iranian extremists. The courage shown by
all during those dark days just goes to show that we North Americans
can be civilized and do the right thing when the chips are down. Thank
You Canada for being there when we needed help. Whether it be in the
Gulf War, the Balkans, or in Africa, if  Canada and the US won't come
to the rescue, who will?  Canada is one class act. Even better than
your cousins to the south.