Friction

John, others have put is so eloquently, but I'd like to add to your considerable
support. I'd certainly be bitterly disappointed if you withdrew the list. It's
a great job that you do, and we have all benefited enormously from your work.
 E-mail is far too immediate sometimes and it's all too easy to make a mistake
or offend without meaning to if one doesn't stop to think through the way a
response may be interpreted. It is human to err, but thankfully another human
characteristic is to forgive.

But it's another thing to join a list such as yours and hide one's identity.
That can't be a good sign.

I for one would be very happy to leave it to you to remove from the list anyone
you felt was being unconstructive or negative.

Perhaps a football "yellow card" rule or "two strikes and you're out"?

Yours aye

Iain Laird